July 24th, 2019 Redi-Rock Plant Tour:
Suscon Products Plant - Magnolia, MD
**Receive 1.0 Professional Development Hours**
Redi-Rock® is one integrated system with many solutions that features the use of giant concrete blocks (1,500 - 4,900 lb/block) to create taller gravity and sea walls with multiple batter options. They also offer stronger connection strength with Positive Connection / MSE walls up to 60 feet and beyond (18+ meters tall). They provide many engineered solutions that integrate within a single wall system: including anchoring, barriers, cantilevered CIP, combination gravity / MSE, flood wall CIP, freestanding, and revetment options. Redi-Rock is a machine-placed system that speeds up the installation process. They use a wet-cast, first purpose concrete with a minimum of 4,000 psi and a freeze-thaw rating for greater durability and a longer life span.
Event Date: Wednesday, July 24th
Registration: 3:00 p.m.
Tour & Presentation: 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Reception to follow
Iconic Global Structures: What Can We Learn?
September 29th - 30th, 2019
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Joint international conference held by the Structural Engineering Institute and Institution of Structural Engineers
Early-bird registration date: June 7th, 2019
Final registration date: September 3rd, 2019
Join structural engineers, architects, and project stakeholders to explore the successes/challenges of constructing iconic global structures. Keynote speakers will share experiences from three complex building styles: large volume public occupancy, unusual structures (typical codes do not apply), and performance-based design of tall buildings. Interactive panel discussions will explore design and construction demands and globally connected solutions.
- Dialog on advancing global interoperability and improving collaboration among international teams
- Explore financial and economic considerations of large-scale international design/construction projects
- Discuss lessons learned on standards of professional competence, building codes, and legal/regulatory
- Learn from the experts on:
- Large Volume Public Occupancy: Museum of the Future (Dubai), Singapore Sports Hub, Tottenham Hotspur New Stadium (UK)
- Unusual Structures – typical codes do not apply: Dubai Frame, London Eye, Vegas High Roller
- Performance -Based Design of Tall Buildings: Jeddah Tower, Salesforce Tower (San Francisco), Shanghai Tower